In addition to regular appearances on national broadcast, digital, and print platforms, Nexus Insights Fellows often speak at events around the globe.
- This event has passed.
How to Thrive as a Solo Ager – On Aging 2023
March 28 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
This panel will feature wisdom from thought leaders in the field about what it means to be a solo ager in today’s world, reflections on how the pandemic increased awareness of the issue and what was learned, and steps that individuals and organizations can take to create safety nets and supportive environments where solo agers can thrive.
- Identify the practical and emotional challenges faced by solo agers.
- Discover community resources (health, financial, social) for solo agers.
- Recognize that while solo agers often have to plan in different ways for several topics pertinent to aging, most have rich and fulfilling lives.
- Julie Pfitzinger, Managing Editor at Next Avenue
- Sara Zeff Geber, Solo Aging Expert & Nexus Fellow
- Jackson P. Rainer, Psychologist