Here is Finally Here: Ryan Frederick’s Organization, Here, Embraces the Role of ‘Place’ in Healthy Longevity
Did you know that life expectancy in 1900 was only 50 years old? In 2050, it’s expected to rise to 94. What contributes to this increased longevity? It’s not just better genes. In fact, only 20% of longevity is attributed to genetics. The remaining 80% is linked to lifestyle and environment.
Ryan Frederick, a Nexus Fellow, is a nationally recognized thought leader in the intersection of place and healthy longevity. He’s putting the spotlight on the fundamental role of where people live to optimize the odds of a long, healthy and financially secure life. In 2021, he authored the acclaimed book, Right Place, Right Time (Johns Hopkins University Press).
“Where you live and how you choose to engage where you live is one of the most important decisions in life,” says Frederick. “If you are concerned about living a long, healthy and financially secure life, start with finding your right place and good things will follow.”
With the acceptance of remote work, climate change risk and political polarization, finding the right place to live and thrive has never been more important and more urgent. This has been an impetus for Frederick to rebrand and rename his organization (SmartLiving 360) as ‘Here’, in order to better fit the company’s goals and mission. Here is a platform that provides consumer tools for individuals of all ages to make better informed decisions about the role of place. In addition, Here consults with leading real estate, finance and health entities focused on creating better places for people to thrive.
Frederick envisions that Here will help spark a movement that makes place equally foundational to an individual’s longevity as healthy eating, exercise and financial planning.
Are you in the right place for a healthy, long, fulfilling life? Get your results by taking “The Right Place, Right Time” assessment at here.life/assessment.
- Longevity in Aging: The Need to Address Healthspan and Wealthspan
- Why Boomers May (or May Not) Want to Age in Place
- Cohousing for Seniors – An Instructional Model for the Senior Living Industry?
Want to be notified when a new blog is posted? Subscribe to our blog and receive posts in your inbox.